Ladybug Blue Dots Background

October 13, 2011

100th Post

I'm actually glad my 100th post will be on this topic.  I noticed a few weeks ago that I was on blog entry 99 and began hoping for something monumental to report on for our big one-double-zero.

In that regard, I am reminded, "Be careful what you wish for".

This week, my family said goodbye to an amazing man.  Last Wednesday, my Uncle Gary slipped away from us in his sleep.  While he had suffered with multiple ailments over the past few years, none of them were ever enough to keep him from enjoying the abundant, rich lifestyle he had become so accustomed to -- good wine, good food, travel, and spending time with his family. 

You can read his obituary here.

I posted the following on facebook a few days ago, and I've found it rather difficult to put into better words just exactly how I feel.

At the end of my days, I will count myself so very blessed to have had such an amazing man in my life. Uncle Gary, you will never know how much I loved you, how rich you made my life, and how proud I am to be your niece. You will forever live in our hearts, our laughter and, most of all, our toasts.
Rest well.

At his final resting place, we raised a glass of one of his favorite wines to a great man.  For now, this is how I will always remember him: enjoying life's truly finer things -- laughter, togetherness, and the art of finding the humor in all situations.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Answers? Confusions? Contusions?