Ladybug Blue Dots Background

May 13, 2011

mother's day

It may sound cliche and cheesy, but this was, by far, the BEST Mother's Day......E.V.E.R.  Now, I know I've only had 3 so far (yes, I count having Anna attached to my person as my first Mother's Day), but I could not have asked for a better day.

I woke up to the sound of my baby girl singing, "Moooooommmy!  Mooooooommmmy!!!".  This was what she and Daddy had for me:
Photobucket
They slid out the front door while I was still asleep (hey, on the weekends, I'm lazy, and I'm not too proud to admit that) and snipped that gorgeous rose off our rosebush in the front.  I love that we have rose bushes.  Now, someone needs to teach me how to "groom" them, because I have a special talent for killing living green things.

Anna was a very courteous little waitress and explained every item on my tray.  We even shared the fruit and some of the yogurt (okay, she took one bite of a few pieces, then put them back on the plate).
Photobucket

Photobucket

AK spent most of the rest of the day with Daddy while I went out with my Momma.  We went to brunch (which was awesome -- found this amazing new place down the street from our neighborhood that's quickly going to become our new "go-to" place on nights when we want a meal out).  Afterward, we went shopping and treated ourselves to a handful of pamper-products at Bath and Body Works.  I returned home to a happy little girl and a husband desperate to weed whack.  So, Anna and I watched "Cupcake Wars".  She sat on my lap and cuddled, and it was the sweetest 45 minutes of my life (seriously....she sat still for FORTY FIVE MINUTES).  It was the PERFECT day.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

This past Wednesday was Spring Picture Day at school.  The theme was "fishing"/"farm".  Eric and I scoured the closet for something appropriate, and found this little menagerie of a dress.  It was one of our "Anna Jo" specials (my friend Laura has a little girl named Anna, and they are EXACTLY one year apart.  between gifts from family, Natalie, and Anna, we haven't bought clothes in MONTHS).  Eric got her all dolled up and texted me a few pics.  I was SO excited to see the finished product!
Photobucket

Photobucket
what waffles?  this girl's rockin' some cinnamon bread these days.  she asks for it at dinner.
Photobucket

Photobucket 
 
Sadly, I picked her up that afternoon to learn that she completely flipped out when they set her up to take her picture.  They tried SEVERAL times, even getting some of her teachers in there with her to see if that would calm her down, but, alas, we now have no Spring Picture of her.  No worries....Portrait Innovations is just down the road.  $9.99 special, baby.  Here we come.

A happy belated Mother's Day to all our Moms.  We hope your day was as wonderful as ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Answers? Confusions? Contusions?